Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Home

One of my favorite things about living in Casablanca - my awesome apartment. Not only is it in a great location and I have awesome neighbors, but I've made it pretty homey.

When you walk in and turn to the right, you face my long, narrow living room. I have filled the school provided wicker shelf with knickknacks and photos that I shipped over from home, as well as a few new additions. The wicker sofa is probably the most uncomfortable sofa I've ever sat on, but I'm planning on replacing that with Krista's couch when she leaves in June. Note that the whole far wall is windows, so there is a ton of natural light when the sun is shining.


My desk is in my living room - no room for it in my bedroom or the guest room. Note my new pretty purple rug - bought in Azrou with Mike and Julie. Blurry pic - sorry.

My bedroom's pretty simple - so much better now that I've traded in the school issued salmon colored sheets for Pat's brown set.
No worries - I'm still representing John Deere in the bathroom. Embroidered toilet paper rocks!
My kitchen is a pretty decent size - gas stove, electric oven. And in this picture it is accented with a Christmas towel, murder mystery novel, and 3 pots of food on the stove. I think I'll keep the Christmas towel up for awhile - very functional. My dining room is the central point that all the other rooms face. Check out the awesome rug I got in Marrakech with my parents and Katie - it matches the chairs and tile perfectly!
Aaaah. The guest room. Amazing. Unfortunately, when I decided to take pictures of my house, Zakia was washing the pretty lavender sheets that normally go on this bed. I'm kind of starting to like the fuzzy leopard print. Come visit me and you can sleep here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice leopard skins on that bed, sort of like the one I spotted in Kenya :) Your purple carpet sure is nice, thanks to the french they used that color...

Wendio said...

I wish I could come visit and sleep in that killer bedspread! Can't wait to see you this summer! Miss you!

mansionmogul said...

Dude your pad rocks!!! Next on CRIBS... ;)

Anonymous said...

hahahah mike, you're obsessed with the leopard spotting references. Also, thank god you have your maid, the place is looking very clean!