Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Safe Arrival

Despite a 3 hour flight delay in Seattle, I was able to make my connecting flight to Casablanca and arrived safely yesterday. My new apartment is just like the pics below, but I haven't received my boxes yet so it's pretty empty. And of course, I haven't unpacked. I'll get that done eventually.

I live in the neighborhood of Gauthier, really close to everything I might need. I'm a half hour walk from the beach and the famous Hassan II Mosque. And for those of you who were worried for me, I have found Coca Cola Light to be available at numerous stores along my street. :)

I hope all is well with everyone at home. I can't set up my Vonage number until I have internet and I've just found out I'll need my residence card for that, so it might be awhile. I will let you all know as soon as that happens. In the meantime, I look forward to reading emails from everyone!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Annie, great to hear that you got in safely and that there was your beverage of choice is available. I'm excited to hear of your upcoming adventures. Keith

Anonymous said...

Cous,
Great to hear from you - we were all wondering how the trip was going. Keep the updates coming - it is fun to hear from you. I laughed when I read that you were 3hours from departure, had more packing to do, but instead updated your blog. You are the coolest.

KJM

Bert and Theresa said...

Annie, Bert and I are thrilled to hear that you arrived safely, and I really like the pictures of your new apartment. I hope your boxes arrive soon.

We'll keep in touch via your blog until you get internet.

We love and miss you, Annie!

mansionmogul said...

Phew! There's your fav soda within reach! 30 mins from the beach?!?! Dude, That is amazing.

Megan said...

I'm so glad that there is Diet Coke!!! If there wasn't, I was going to have to figure out how to get it out there to you...

Miss you!

Wendio said...

Yay for the Faux Diet Coke! And 30 min from the beach? Incredible! I can't wait until you have phone! Miss you tons already!