Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Awesome View


Looking out of my living room and bedroom windows, this is my view. There are residences and shops along the streets around me and a big empty (well, mostly empty) lot in front of me. It makes it a lot quieter and I can even see the tower of the Hassan II Mosque peeking out above the other buildings.

The great thing about the empty lot is that the sides of it are covered in garbage. People here take their garbage cans and empty them over the wall. The middle of the lot has some dead grass, but no garbage. It seems like a great waste of space for a downtown area, but I won't complain...it keeps my view of the rest of the city unobstructed.



Check out the satellite dishes on the rooftops. Every rooftop in Casa is loaded with satellite dishes. We drove by a shantytown the other day - shacks put together by leaning pieces of corrugated metal on each other. It was full of satellite dishes. Really shows where the priorities are for how to spend your money. TV, not safety. Awesome.

1 comment:

mansionmogul said...

Oh what I wouldn't give for a wall that we could just throw all of our moving garbage over right now!