Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mountain Chow

Alright, I know it's been a long time since I've posted, but I've been doing a bunch of travelling on the North American continent and haven't found time to blog. I'll post about those adventures soon, but I wanted to get a few more Kili posts up.

Our food situation on the mountain was impressive. Not only did our porters have to deal with carrying everything we needed to our various camps, but they also had less than perfect kitchen facilities.



Note the cleaning and cutting of vegetables in between tents on the ground. Not quite sure what this guy is cooking, but I know all the food we ate was delightful.


For hot lunch, we got to stop at gorgeous places such as this cave, named "Second Cave". I'm not going to try and claim that the stools were comfortable or the table even. Sometimes, I came pretty close to falling over, but that's what you get for being clumsy.
Our dinner was cooked and served to us in this tent. Here's just part of our group having tea after our plates were cleared away and magically cleaned by the cleaning fairies.
We were even fortunate enough to have dessert along the way. This pudding and biscuit combo was a very welcome treat after a long day.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Did they have garlic?