Saturday, August 22, 2009

Things I Love About Morocco

I know I haven't posted in ages, which is mostly due to a lack of internet access as I had the best summer ever! I finally made it home safely to Casablanca after a massive flight delay in London and it feels good to be home.

Here are a few things I love about coming home to Casa:
  • Zakia! - My amazing maid had my apartment in tip top shape upon my return. The furniture was reorganized and I love the way it turned out. She also put Diet Coke and water in my fridge so I wouldn't be thirsty once I got home. To top it all off, I had these beautiful roses on my table to welcome me home.

  • Proposals - There's nothing better for the self-esteem than random marriage proposals from local taxi drivers. My taxi driver on the way home from the airport managed to communicate with his limited English and my limited French & Arabic that he would like to marry me. I ended up rejecting the offer, but man do I feel special!
  • Friends - It has been great catching up with people and getting exciting news (Julie's engaged - yay!). Off to a school barbecue tonight which should be a blast.
  • Produce - took some new hires on a tour around the market today. I love how fresh and cheap all the fruits and vegetables are here. Markets are soooo much better than Safeway's produce section!
  • Time Change - Ramadan started today which means that yesterday we set our clocks back an hour. Even though I left London at 8:45 p.m., I still made it back to Casa by midnight!

I'm trying to get back into blogging mode, so keep checking back!

1 comment:

mansionmogul said...

Zakia is amazing. And a proposal on your first day back? SPECIAL!!!