Sunday, March 8, 2009

Interior Decorating

The day after I arrived in Paris, Em, Kris, and I decided to hop on the train for 20 minutes and head out to Versailles. We stood in line for almost an hour, but finally bought our tickets and threw on our trusty audio guides. As we walked through the huge palace, I couldn't help but be in awe of the lavish decor. I tried picturing myself walking into my bedroom and seeing this....

Then I imagined walking into Lowe's or Home Depot and falling in love with this design. I sure hope the Queen of France loved it, because it kind of makes me cringe.

Another fabulous wallpaper design covered the walls of the Abundance Salon (not quite sure what an Abundance Salon is, but it sounds fabulous). This incredible design also had a nice fuzzy texture.
King Louis-Philippe commissioned this bed to be made in the nineteenth century - it looks ridiculously uncomfortable in my opinion. If I were to have a bed specially made just for me, I probably wouldn't choose for it to be adorned with eighteenth century embroidery. My John Deere sheets are so much cooler!

3 comments:

mansionmogul said...

Glorious!

Anonymous said...

My Mother covered our wood paneling downstairs with that red velvet wallpaper. I thought it looked like a French Whorehouse but didn't realize she was recreating that French Revolution era look. The woman never ceases to amaze me.... a lot like you, Annie.

Anonymous said...

My Mother covered our wood paneling downstairs with that red velvet wallpaper. I thought it looked like a French Whorehouse but didn't realize she was recreating that French Revolution era look. The woman never ceases to amaze me.... a lot like you, Annie.