Monday, March 9, 2009

Junk Food Mania

One of the perks of working at the American school is applying for the privelege of shopping at the US Commissary. The Commissary is essentially an American grocery store - think very mini Safeway, with no fresh food items. All products are shipped over from the US so that the Embassy and Consulate employees have access to food from home.

On Saturday, Julie and I went with Randy, Anne, Nancy, and Allen to the Commissary for our first shopping trip. I didn't really know what to expect, but I sure didn't expect to come home with this much stuff!

We stocked up on more junk food than we will be able to eat! Some of the items we purchased: flour and corn tortillas, cheese, Cheeto Puffs, bagels, bacon, brown sugar, and Taco/Enchilada Seasoning packets. I definitely have a bad case of buyer's remorse - there's no way I'll be able to eat all this stuff. Luckily, there are a few work get togethers coming up. I hope everyone wants me to bring junk. :)

4 comments:

mansionmogul said...

You went Buck Wild! I would too if I hadn't seen cheddar in that long.

Wendio said...

YAY! Why didn't you know about this gem earlier??? How often do you get to go?? Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I would be all sorts of excited for you, but I gave up sweets for lent. Talk to me on Easter!

Amanda Sue said...

So I know when we talked that you had bought a lot of junk food, but WOW!!! I was not expecting it to be this much! Nicely done!!!