Thursday, May 14, 2009

Free Entertainment

The Sacre Cour in Paris is one of my favorite churches in the world. I love its location on a hilltop and the view once you climb up the million steps to the church itself.
Even on a foggy day, it's wonderful to look out over Paris.
More than the view, I love the people watching. There's always something exciting going on on the steps of the Sacre Cour.
I can't imagine waking up one day and thinking to myself, "I think I'll paint myself gold and wear that stunning outfit that matches the paint, so that I can stand by some steps and pose for pictures." That is exactly what this lady did.

These guys were real treat - they attracted quite a large audience of people. They performed a variety of interpretive dances, including a dance with a crystal ball that was quite phenomenal. To avoid payment and crowds, we watched the whole show with a view of their back ends.

Not only did they have great dances in their partnership, but they also did a few solo numbers. I was a big fan of this move, though I look like a total idiot when I try to demonstrate it myself. That's what photos are for!

3 comments:

mansionmogul said...

I would pay good money to see you do that move!

Mike said...

When I was watching a performance on the steps of the sacre cour a large french guy from the banlieus tapped me on the shoulder and told me to leave. I didn't understand what he was going on about so I just took off...I'm glad you didn't receive that treatment!!

to the blog lady: thanks for starting to post again, and come visit me in Aspen!!

dns said...

I have to agree...Sacre Cour was one of my favorites!