Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Special Treat: Homemade Lard

While Mum, Katie and I were in Krakow, we were able to experience to some awesome traditional cuisine. Apparently, homemade lard is a pretty common appetizer in Poland, because we saw it on pretty much every menu that served traditional cuisine.
At one Restauracja, we were served bread, cheese, and lard to start our meal. What better way to serve homemade lard than in a cup. (Side note: check out the gorgeous sheets that were the backdrop of our booth - remind me to decorate with floral sheets if I ever own a restaurant!)


Here's the closeup! I must say that I didn't sample this delightful looking treat.


My mum got stuck having a bite when she was posing for this picture and the waiter came by and asked how she liked it. She then had to take a bite in order to be respectful. Judging from the look on her face, I don't think she was a big fan...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're not british..it's spelled "mom"

mansionmogul said...

Mmmmm....homemade lard...just like grandma used to make!