Friday, October 24, 2008

Moroccan Salon

Every school should have a Moroccan Salon. Traditional homes here have these rooms with couches against all the walls. Our school's is on the third floor, right next to my office and is used for staff meetings, PTA meetings, yoga classes after school, and other exciting events. The walls are lined with couches and pillows so that we can all sit in comfort at staff meetings. During Ramadan, the couches were all full of people sleeping during their lunch hours. The Moroccan Salon can also be used by classes practicing performances or just having a nice comfortable place to learn.
Here's me in my djellaba, enjoying a moment of quiet during Explore Morocco in the Moroccan Salon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you wear that everyday now?

casablancalady said...

I wish! No, I've limited myself to one day a week, except this week because it was Explore Morocco...I need to build up a collection!

Linda Reeder said...

How do you stay awake in such comfort?

casablancalady said...

haha...I guess our staff meetings are just so enthralling, I wouldn't want to miss a minute! :)

mansionmogul said...

You are looking really hot in your djellaba!

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie! I just discovered your blog and I truly enjoy it. You do a great job with your photos and descriptions of life in Morocco. I'll keep watching and reading about your adventures. Great fun!
Bev W.