Thursday, October 23, 2008

What's Under Your Djellaba?

There are no "Denim Fridays" at CAS, which drives me a little crazy, but we do have "Djellaba Fridays". A djellaba is a traditional dress worn in Morocco. There are djellabas everywhere! The wonderful thing about a djellaba is what you wear with it. Many of the "yummy mummies" here at school wear their djellabas with fancy high heels, and designer sunglasses & purses. I love my djellaba (which I bought at the habous with my mum) because I get to wear pajama pants and a tank top underneath. It's pretty much like I'm wearing a bath robe and pjs to school, yet still managing to look professional. Totally my kind of traditional dress!


Here's me in my djellaba, standing on the roof at school. It was pretty windy out, but my djellaba was keeping me warm and comfy!



2 comments:

Linda Reeder said...

I think that couyld be even better than blue jeans! I covers up a multitude of those things you would like covered up.

Wendio said...

Okay - you officially found something WORSE then your tarp blue Thai flip flops and dopey sweatshirt. Congrats! Haha...