Friday, October 31, 2008

Not Your Average IKEA Trip

Exciting news - I bought a desk for my apartment last Saturday! Ghislaine brought me to Mobilia, which is a lot like IKEA, where I found a desk that is practical, as well as nice enough to go into my living room. Included in the price was delivery and some friendly men who put it together for me! I was supposed to get the desk on Tuesday around 6 p.m, but in true Moroccan style, no one showed. I called on Wednesday and they were supposed to deliver Thursday, but again not so much. I finally went in today and asked about it and there was some issue with my address and phone number. So when I got home, I called Hamid (who spoke English - yay!) and they made their way to my place. In less than half an hour, they brought all the pieces upstairs, put it together and placed it where I wanted it in my living room. It's beautiful - I'm so glad to be using a desk instead of a coffee table! And you can't beat the service included!

1 comment:

Linda Reeder said...

Annie, I'm sure you've heard all of our election news by now. Check out some of the blogs on my blog list if you want more. We've been heating up cyber space around here.
Thinking of you.
Linda