Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Deprived Childhood

At the PTA's holiday festival, I volunteered to lead a Christmas craft for a couple of hours. I was a little unsure of what "Orange Decoration" meant, as orange pomanders were not a part of my childhood. Susan taught me to tie ribbon around an orange and use pins to keep it in place. I also put additional Christmas themed sequins with colored pins in various places and pushed cloves into the orange.
I had never even seen this before! I do love the smell of orange/clove, so I brought my example home with me and will keep it on my desk until it starts to rot! I can't believe my childhood was so deprived that I did not discover this until age 27...

1 comment:

Linda Reeder said...

Well, I'm 64 and I've never made one, although I have heard about and seen them.