Saturday, December 20, 2008

Eid el Kibir: Day 2

**WARNING: Actually, not really much of a warning here - these pics are quite mild.**


Eid el Kibir doesn't end with the sheep slaughter and cleanup, or even with the fat wrapped liver skewers. I was invited back for lunch on Day 2 of the traditional eating frenzy. This time, I got to help some more - I skewered the marinated sheep meat for brochettes and rolled the ground meat and spices (called kefta here) into pieces that could be thrown on the barbecue.







While I was helping with food prep, Reda was chopping up the pancreas to barbecue with the kefta and brochettes and Sabah and Aisha were divvying (sp?) up the sheep meat. At least a third of the meat needed to go to charity and everyone took some of the other two thirds home with them - including me. First visitor I have in Morocco is going to have sheep for dinner - yum!
















I missed out on Day 2's dinner, which was the organ tagine (Moroccan stew) and the sheeps' heads. Hopefully, I'll get the pics from Julie to post about the sheep head experience. I didn't get to partake in that part of the tradition. I guess that means I'll have to experience more of the tradition next year!

2 comments:

mansionmogul said...

"fat wrapped liver skewers" - a delightful amuse bushe!

With love, from Stuck-in-Vegas.

Linda Reeder said...

It really,seriously sounds like a good day to have missed!