Thursday, December 18, 2008

Holiday Spirit!

Despite the fact that I have a Christmas tree with lights and some Christmas potpourri & hand towels courtesy of Mum, I can't escape the fact that it's getting close to Christmas and I'm in a Muslim country. Our PTA winter holiday event had tons of holiday decorations and Christmas crafts, as well as Santa Claus, but the rest of the city doesn't look like this.
This is the second Christmas that I'm spending out of the country and I'm kind of missing a few things. It's not so much Christmas itself, but the days leading up to Christmas...

For example: I haven't been able to find this with my local DVD guy and it's not playing on every television channel (I don't even have television channels).

And this...my dear Uncle Kev called me yesterday as his family was making the povo - man, I miss rolling out that dough! BTW, no povo is complete without the raisins!

I'm still hoping that Mike and Mum can pull off some outfits like this on our Kenya adventure. And you can't beat the bonfire in the snow, especially with the trail ignited by tons of gasoline. I love Georgetown Lake in the winter!

Most of all, I think I'm going to miss another year of ice fishing with Pops on Georgetown Lake. I hope Ryan and Tom are out there this winter catching lots of fish for us to smoke this summer!

Don't get me wrong - I'm totally excited for our trip to Kenya this year and I look forward to seeing Christmas in London on Saturday. I figure I'll get more in the spirit once I'm there. I can't wait to see all the lights and garlands! Yay Christmas!

3 comments:

mansionmogul said...

Million bucks says London will give you your festive fix. Europe knows how to do Christmas ;)

Linda Reeder said...

Oh, yes, London will give you Christmas!
Add snow to that Seattle picture. It's either a mess here, or very beautiful, depending on your perspective and if you have to drive or not.

Megan said...

Woman, give me your address and I'll mail you "A Christmas Story". And a wedding invite.